Monday 28 March 2011

Gone Google!

Oakwood Junior School is one of only ten organisations worldwide - and the only one in the UK - which have won recognition from Google today for making the most of the Google Apps suite of programs.

We use Google Apps at Oakwood for email, calendaring, document storage, running our own intranet sites for staff and governors... and for running this blog!

We also use it to teach children about online safety, how to share documents with only specific people and how to use email sensibly.

Google provides these facilities free for educational establishments.

We don't get a prize, but we get a mention on the Google Apps blog and a free billboard twenty-four free billboards!



Tell us if you see them!

11 comments:

Deborah Walker said...

That's not the only one though. I had a shock coming up Hill Lane and going across the round-a-bout to Winchester Road to find one on the billboard next to the Idian restaurant :D

Claire Shaw said...

Another one is on the main road into Totton, just opposite the entrance to Lidl/Argos etc!

Unknown said...

Oh! this is great, am so happy to have my son in this school. I saw the poster on stonehaw way before junction 5 on M27

Debbie Sermon said...

Well Done !

I saw this on my way to work at Southampton Airport today - hence my visit to your website.

Graham Pugh said...

There is one opposite the West Park Car Park(next to the BBC)it made me smile :D

Rascals Castles Southampton said...

I left Oakwood school in 1995 and saw the bill boards and thought i would search it and found this!
Back when I was at Oakwood they had a few iold Acorns and a few old BBC's.
nice to see they are bang up to date with technology now!

Anonymous said...

Came to your site after seeing the billboards - what great publicity!

Anonymous said...

I saw a couple near st.mary's street ,one in shirley one opposite the commons by burgess road.I feel happy that my daughter goes to oakwood.

Anonymous said...

well done oakwood i think your so lucky to get chose out of all the schools in the world.you've done good oakwood.

NatalieJayW said...

I saw one near Weston Juniors whilst out on a run. Its great publicity for the school and what it has achieved.

WELL DONE

@NatalieJayW

Chris said...

It's impossible not to see them. Well done Oakwood.