Monday 13 August 2007

Slippery Customers!

I had a meeting with a few slippery customers at Farewell Spit!



(A spit is a very long thin piece of land which stretches out into the sea - have a look on the map to see where I was and what I mean...)

I look a bit worried here because I don't want to fall in, and the eels were hungry - I think they would have had me for breakfast!



It's OK though - here they are, and they did get fed!



There are other creatures loose on Farewell Spit too. Look at their website and see if you can find the answer to this question... Which creatures have been checking under the bridges? And what were they looking for? There's a New Zealand prize for the first pupil who leaves a comment with the answer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it gannets looking for nesting and breeding sites.

Oscar said...

It's not the gannets! You will have to look harder!